PLAY MORE LAX!
HERE ARE SOME GREAT OPPORTUNITIES IN ADDITION TO THE RLA SEASON TO MAINTAIN AND TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS!
THE RLA IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY PARTICULAR OFF SEASON PROGRAM, BUT OUR PLAYERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY MORE AND HAVE FUN!
CENTERCOURT WINTER YOUTH LACROSSE PROGRAMS
GIRLS CENTERCOURT WINTER YOUTH PROGRAMS:
BOYS CENTERCOURT YOUTH PROGRAMS:
FAST BREAK LACROSSE
Coach Joe Garavente - email@example.com
We all know that kids love to play in games. We also know what Rec, Middle School, High School and College Coaches know best - in order to be the best player you can be and get the most enjoyment out of the game you need to spend time training and working on your skills. Advance your skills and then put them to use in games.
Most of you are familiar with my work. I am a long time East Brunswick Rec, Monroe Rec and Monroe High School lacrosse coach with a passion for promoting the game and motivating players to be the best they can be. I was fortunate enough to figure out what to do to train in high school to become the best player I could be and became a High School All American and get recruited to play at Johns Hopkins. And make a significant contribution to two NCAA Champion ship teams. As this is now my full time job, I would like to share that passion and experience of working with many players to develop your skills and work with you to become the best player you can be. To give you the best training available in the area at a reasonable price. I use not only time proven technique but insight into the state of art techniques being developed today. I have posted my playing and coaching resume at the bottom of the page.
The skills you can train for are endless and the perfection of and a strong base of fundamentals are a requirement for a successful playing career. The idea of training will be to take the lessons of the sessions with the ability to transfer for use in your personal workouts.
Offensive Skills we will be working on in the training sessions
· Proper, repeatable fundamentals of throwing and catching for consistency
· Cradling and stick protection
· Fundamentals for the Off-hand so it is no different than your strong hand
· Proper technique for maximization of speed of outside shot
· Deception techniques to beat goalies for mid range
· Finishing!!! Learn how to best score goals from inside with all the shots
· Visual analysis of shots for players to understand their mechanics and possible area of improvement (think golf video lessons)
· Proper footwork for dodging
· Using the body when dodging
· Faking – Both shooting and passing
· Tricks to add to your dodging toolbox
And many more
Here is the structure for the program, details for sign up below
· Sessions will be held in Thompson Park behind Monroe High School
· One hour sessions
· Four time periods available = 9am to 1pm on Saturday, 1pm-5pm on Saturday, 9am to 1pm on Sundays, 1pm-5pm on Sundays
· We will begin training the weekend of Oct 5th-6th and run for 5 weeks.
Groups of 5-8 per session
Cost is $100, checks made out to FastBreak Lacrosse
We hope you are able to take advantage of these opportunities to further enhance your lacrosse career
Joe Garavente -Monroe High School Offensive Coordinator since 2009
· Six Times GMC Division Winner, 6 Times GMC Finalist, Three Time GMC Champions(in last 4 yrs)
· GMC Assistant Coach of the Year, 2010, 2015
· Founder of Monroe Rec Lacrosse, served as president for fourteen years, active coaching for 12 years
· Director of Coaching Monroe Rec Lacrosse
· Ten years coaching in East Brunswick Rec
· Founder of Monroe Elite which has transformed to FastBreak Lacrosse,
· Four Years Varsity Johns Hopkins
· Three NCAA Championship Games, Two Time NCAA Champion Johns Hopkins
· High School All American Midfielder from Long Island
NJLT - NEW JERSEY LACROSSE TRAINING (HOWELL)
will design a program that is right for you and your sport!
IT’S TIME TO GET SPECIFIC!
Safe and effective conditioning principles to help the youth athlete excel at whatever sport they play
Small group training
For the youth who just wants to get in shape, Odyssey Fitness also offers:
Youth fitness classes
Intro-advanced weight training
Please call (609) 510-9671 or email
for pricing and summer hours
Brought to you by Robbinsville Township Recreation and Odyssey Fitness