2021 SHOOTOUT INFORMATION PACKET V3
CLICK HERE - to download the PDF Version of the Shootout Information packet
NOTE: SHOULD IT OCCUR, ANY THUNDER/LIGHTNING WILL CAUSE A DELAY OF 1/2 AN HOUR FROM LAST THUNDER HEARD/LIGHTNING SEEN.
A CONTINUOUS HORN AND SIREN WILL BE FOLLOWED BY INSTRUCTIONS.
IF THE FIELDS ARE INDEED CLOSED FOR A WEATHER EVENT, FOR YOUR SAFETY WE ASK YOU CAREFULLY AND ORDERLY RETURN TO YOUR VEHICLES AND AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS FROM WITHIN YOUR VEHICLE.
GAMES LOST TO WEATHER DELAYS WILL NOT BE MADE UP. WHEN CLEAR TO RETURN TO THE FIELDS, THE SCHEDULE WILL RESUME AT THE TIMES ORIGINALLY POSTED.
THE 2021 SHOOTOUT AT ROBBINSVILLE
- Saturday, May 15, 2021
- Rain Date - Sunday, May 16, 2021
ROBBINSVILLE COMMUNITY PARK
- West Manor Way & Gordon Rd, Robbinsville, NJ 08691
- GPS Coordinates: 40.212242, -74.581977
- Please observe all speed limit signs and drive safely as there will be a large number of attendees and we want all to have a great time and stay safe doing so!
- There is NO PARKING on ANY GRASS AREA OTHER THAN IN THE DESIGNATED SPOTS WITHIN GENERAL ADMISSION PARKING LOT #2.
- FOR YOUR SAFETY AND FOR THAT OF OUR VOLUNTEERS, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE ROBBINSVILLE POLICE OFFICERS AND OUR PARKING VOLUNTEERS AS YOU ENTER THE PARKING AREAS.
- P1 – Parking for Handicap, Officials, and EMT’s.
- P2 – IS GENERAL ADMISSION PARKING. Entrance is on Gordon Road. Exit is on Sharon Rd. This is a grass field, and the ONLY area where you may park on grass. Anyone parking on grass in any other areas will be ticketed and/or towed.
- THERE IS NO LONGER PARKING IN THE LOT BETWEEN FIELDS 4 AND 5 AS THAT IS NOW DESIGNATED AS ‘MIDWAY’ WHERE ALL VENDORS WILL SETUP.
P2 - GENERAL ADMISSION PARKING OVERVIEW MAP
- DROP-OFF AREAS
- Drop-offs may be done at P1, along the parking notch road along West Manor Way. Once done dropping off, we ask you park in P2 General Admission Parking unless you have approval otherwise.
- Those parking in P1 without proper credentials or authorization will be ticketed and/or towed.
A fantastic celebration of lacrosse in a fun, festival-style tournament environment.
SHOOTOUT TOURNAMENT RULES
- Tournament Games will be Festival style - No wins or losses will be kept
- Honor the game - Please observe ALL Positive Coaching Alliance Principals
- Fighting will result in player(s) ejection from the entire festival
- Each team at 5/6 and 7/8 team plays 4 games / 3/4 grade play 2 each.
- Games will be two 18 minutes running halves - 4 minute half time
- Timeouts = 1 per team per half . No timeouts in last two minutes of game
- Central clock kept for game time.
- Horn sounds once @ Start and End of Half/Game. 2 min prior to end of half/Game and Restarts will be announced via loudspeaker and/or by score table personnel.
- No timeouts within final two minutes of game
- Penalty clock will be maintained at each field
- Penalty starts when player is kneeling in box
- Substitutions on the fly and stopped play
- Mercy rule @ 4 goal differential ALL LEVELS
- 4 SEC GOALIE CREASE COUNT ALL LEVELS
- NO OTHER COUNTS AT 3/4 AND 5/6 GRADE LEVELS.
- ALL COUNTS FOR 7/8 GRADE
- NO STALLING - OFFICIALS JUDGMENT
- KEEP IT IN THE RESTRAINING BOX AT 2 MINUTES - 5/6 AND 7/8 GRADE
- 3/4 GRADE - NO BODY CHECKING ALLOWED / VERY LIMITED CONTACT PERMITTED
OVERTIME - BRAVEHEART RULES
- Each Team fields 2 players, Goalie and Midfielder
- 2 Minutes Sudden Death. Tie if no goal scored at end of 2 minutes.
- One player must remain back on defensive side of field at all times.
- All players not in (on both teams) will put their helmets on their sticks and raise them over their heads and cheer on their team.
- If a personal foul is called, play will start at midfield with the offending team 5 yards behind.
- First team to score, wins.
SHOOTOUT & RLA APPAREL FOR SALE!
- Get your Shootout Tournament T-Shirt before they sell out!
SPECTATOR SETUP AND SAFETY
- Spectators are to setup on the sideline opposite the field’s substitution box.
- For safety, no spectators
or tents are to be setup on endlines. (Sorry, no tents for 2021 due to Covid Restrictions)
- Spectators are always to remain aware of their proximity to the field and are only to walk along an endline when play is at the opposite end so that they are not put in jeopardy by an errant shot.
VISIT OUR VENDORS!
- All of our vendors will be conveniently setup on MIDWAY (parking lot between Fields 4 and 5).
SHOOTOUT FOOD FOR SALE!
- A great selection of REASONABLY PRICED and TASTY FOOD AND DRINKS will be available.
- If necessary, the Shootout Rain Date is set for Sunday, May 16th (Same time schedule would apply)
- Any decision regarding the postponement of the Shootout to the Sunday rain date will be made by Friday May 14h on or about 9pm. Any changes will posted to the website and communicated via email.
- GENERAL WEATHER CONCERNS DURING THE EVENT
- Should a weather condition cause the need to stop play and clear fields, a continuous loud horn will be blown, and will be followed by instructions.
- Should it be necessary for players to clear the fields due to a storm or other weather condition, individuals are asked to return to their vehicles for shelter and await further instructions (standing under trees or in an open area does not provide proper protection).
HYDRATION AND HYDRATION STATIONS
- It is VITAL for the athletes who play in the SHOOTOUT remain hydrated throughout the day.
- Please advise your athletes to drink plenty of water the night before the Shootout, the morning of the Shootout, and throughout the day of the Shootout.
- HYDRATION STATIONS will be provided at each field’s scoring table. Players are to refill their water bottles throughout the day so they can perform optimally, and can stay safe in the hot weather.
- DUE TO COVID CONCERNS, ONLY WATER BOTTLES WITH SEPARATE REMOVABLE DRINKING TOPS MAY BE REFILLED. NO SINGLE USE WATER BOTTLES WHERE MOUTHS TOUCH THE BOTTLE OPENING MAY BE REFILLED DUE TO RISK OF TRANMISSION.
- Ice and bags will be available at our First Aid Tent along with a cooling dunk area for those experiencing heat injury.
- If assistance is needed at a field, notify the RLA Volunteer working the scorer’s table. They can radio into the First Aid Tent for assistance.
- Medical Assistance will be available via an EMT on site.
- For any injuries requiring further assistance, an ambulance and/or other medical support will be requested.
- The First Aid Tent will have first aid supplies as well as an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
PLEASE KEEP OUR PARK BEAUTIFUL
- NO GRILLS OF ANY TYPE ARE ALLOWED IN THE PARK. Any violators will be asked by the police and/or fire department to return these items to their vehicles.
- Please have your players and families properly dispose of their garbage and debris in the appropriate collection areas (especially empty water bottles).
- Please let a volunteer know if any containers are full and in need of attention.
LOST AND FOUND
- The RLA and its volunteers are not responsible for lost/stolen items.
- All attendees are responsible for their own belongings and equipment.
- Lost gear may be turned into the apparel sales area where a Lost and Found will be set up.
- After the event, we will post photos of items left behind in our Lost and Found section on our website.
- AS YOU LEAVE…
- As you depart the parking areas, please do so safely and be aware of pedestrians, volunteers, and police personnel.
- Please follow all posted speed limit signs and get home safely so you can talk about what a great time you had and get ready to come back next year!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PART IN MAKING ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL SHOOTOUT!